Lillian Yeager

Lillian Yeager was truly an angel to all who came in contact with. This page has been set up for her family and friends to write memories of her. Please click on any comment section to leave a memory. Dr. Lillian Yeager December 23, 1943 - May 23, 2006

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Link to WHAS-11 Video

Here is the special that Rachel Platt did to feature my mother's bout of ovarian cancer. It was filmed in August 2005.

Click here:
http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=67011&catId=49

14 Comments:

  • At June 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Michelle.....our thoughts and prayers are with you.


    Bunny Isgett (Taylors, SC) - 2006-05-26

     
  • At June 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    May God grant you the comfort He alone can give


    Carl&Grace Jones (Los Angeles, CA) - 2006-05-26

     
  • At June 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dr. Yeager's wonderful spirit will remain with us. We were indeed blessed to be touched by an angel.


    Kim Leslie (Louisville, KY) - 2006-05-26

     
  • At June 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I met Lillian at Camp Mak-A-Dream in Montana three years ago. What a beautiful lady...I had hoped to see her again. My prayers go out to all her family.


    Darlene Stieg (Ekalaka, MT) - 2006-05-26

     
  • At June 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The world is a better place because of the love, compassion, and strength given to us by this beautiful woman of love. Fondly, Deborah French Camp Mak-a Dream 2003


    Deborah French (Clearwater, FL) - 2006-05-28

     
  • At June 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The world is a better place because of the love, compassion, and strength given to us by this beautiful woman of love. Fondly, Deborah French Camp Mak-a Dream 2003


    Deborah French (Clearwater, FL) - 2006-05-28

     
  • At June 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.


    Jessica Nally (Louisville, KY) - 2006-05-30

     
  • At June 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To the entire family of Lillian: Lillian was an amazing person, nurse, nurse educator and leader. She will be greatly missed by all that knew her. Thank you for sharing her with us.


    Janet Hollis (Floyds Knobs, IN) - 2006-05-30

     
  • At June 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Michelle, Your mother was a beloved colleague and we will miss her greatly. Our last memory was of her helping to make our silent auction at the Awards/Leadership banquet (March 2006) a resounding success. Even through her illness, her perserverance and commitment were always evident. We pray for you strength and comfort during this difficult time. KYANNA Black Nurses of Louisville, Ky, Inc.


    Brenda Hackett (Louisville, KY) - 2006-05-30

     
  • At June 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Michelle and family, My prayers are with you and your family. Hold on to the precious memories.


    Kathy Brent (Louisville, KY) - 2006-05-30

     
  • At June 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Michelle, I was so very sorry to learn of your mother's death. She was truly a special person and will be greatly missed. I think of you both fondly and your dedication to St. Matthew's. My most heartfelt sympathies are with you and your family at this diffidcult time and you are remembered in my prayers. Most sincerely, Betsy Rosenbaum


    Betsy Rosenbaum (Louisville, KY) - 2006-06-03

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lillian was one of the most amazing women I've met. She was so personable to each person she came in contact with. Always friendly, putting others first, giving of her time/energy/knowledge/experience to help others. She was a light in this world and it showed in everything she did. What a woman of Grace. I'm so blessed to have worked with her at Ovarian Awareness of Kentucky for 5 years. Even though she's gone from this world, I feel her strength to keep me going on my mission.
    Blessing to the Michelle and the familiy.
    Jill Doimer

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The visitation at Christ Church and the lovely service at St. Matthews certainly showed how loved and admired your mother was. She was indeed a unique lady and I think she reared you to follow in her footsteps.

    We had not been in close contact in recent years but we talked on the phone from time to time. I knew she was private about her illness adn I never wanted to intrude. I do believe the last time I saw her was when I took you two to lunch about the time you graduated college. I did inquire about her occasionally from St. Matthews Church friends who knew her. I so hopes she would recover.

    I met your mother through your dad when Andy was asked to begin the photography program in the commercial arts division at JCC. Steve was such a help to my husband and very supportive of the new program. I believe it was his influence in great part that resulted in Andy's return to UL to earn his Master's degree in Higher Ed. We both respected and admired him.

    Remember the Steeplechase parties in your backyard? They were such fun and your mother was always the charming and gracious hostess.

    I shall never forget what a comfort her visits were to me when Andy died. Lillian always seemed to know the right thing to say that let one know she truly cared.

    I am so sorry, she, and you, had to go through such a difficult time. My sympathy and love go out to you and I wish for you a bright and happy future!

     
  • At June 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so sorry to hear the sad news - your mom was a colleague for years. I always admired her wisdom and her class - she always looked superb. I will miss her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home