Lillian Yeager

Lillian Yeager was truly an angel to all who came in contact with. This page has been set up for her family and friends to write memories of her. Please click on any comment section to leave a memory. Dr. Lillian Yeager December 23, 1943 - May 23, 2006

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Memorial Contributions


The family requests donations to be made to one of the following:

Ovarian Awareness of Kentucky, (www.ovarianawarenessofky.org)
Norton Suburban Medical Plaza II,
Suite 309
3991 Dutchmans Lane
Louisville, Kentucky 40207
(502) 899-6963

T. Stephen Yeager Scholarship
c/o Jefferson Community College
109 East Broadway
Louisville, KY 40202
(502) 213-5333

Lillian Yeager Nursing Leadership Award
c/o Indiana University Southeast
4201 Grant Line Road
New Albany, Indiana 47150
(812) 941-2219

20 Comments:

  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    True, I did not know Dr. Yeager wel. Yes, in 1979 when I joined the IUS faculty, she saught me out, having seen on a resume, I suppose, that I came to IUS from Miles College in Birmingham, AL, to greet me and welcome me.

    We never served on a committee together, a rarity at IUS, but whenever our paths crossed, I got a wave and a smile. I retired in 1994: I've not forgotten; it was appreciated! Permit me to grieve with you at the loss of this excellent woman!

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I grieve with you for the loss of your mother. She was a wonderful and courageous person and I'm honored to have known her. I know that she was so proud of you and your accomplishments. She will be sorely missed.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your mother was a remarkable person and we are all saddened by her death. May you find peace and comfort from her memory and love for you.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She was indeed one of the most delightful persons I have ever known.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We too are deeply saddened by the loss of Lillian - she was a college and trusted friend. She will be missed by many people.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was so sorry to hear of your mother's death. She had been a very important part of St. Matthew's Church adn will be missed by all of us. We are thankful for her years of service.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No one can replace a mother and her loves and pride of a daughter like you. I am so glad that I got to see her and you at the awards ceremony at the Morial on April 28.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lillian was my "Execu-buddy" on Executive Council the past three years - she helped me adapt to the grueling tedium of that group -ALWAYS with the peace and grace of our Risen Lord!! I am fortunate to have had her "imprint" on me. Along with the saints, may light perpetual shine upon her.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was so very saddened to learn of your mother's death. Whenever I think of St. Matthews, her face is one that pops into my head - from the choir to the vestry and representing our church on such a variety of committees, she was truly a minister to many in many ways. She leaves very large shoes to fill, but I know she has prepared you well.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I want to add my sincere sympathy to you and your family. Your mother was an exceptional person. But, I want to remember her as a willing and charming dancer, for the past two years. She threw herself into our little dances, and this year I was amused when she even corrected you in our rehearsals. Always the mother. I am blessed to have known her.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am very sorry for your loss. I know your mother and met her several times at the Culbertson retreats. She was a beautiful person and an honor to know.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We share your loss. Your mom was a wonderful person and friend.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have so many fond memories of your mom - in all of them she wears a large smile. She was very good to us and her laughter was contagious. We will miss her.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My heart is filled with sadness for you - and all your family. I had so much respect for, and pride in Lillian. What a truly beautiful lady,; offering unwavering love and support to her family, friends and entire community.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will truly miss seeing and talking with Dr. Yeager at IUS. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    John and I are so sad that your mom didn't survive her cancer. I have thought of both you often, ever since we left St. Matthew's and have held you in our prayers. I'll never understand why bad things happen to good people. Your mom was the best. The world will miss her. Know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

     
  • At July 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
    »

     
  • At July 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
    »

     
  • At July 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home