Lillian Yeager was truly an angel to all who came in contact with. This page has been set up for her family and friends to write memories of her. Please click on any comment section to leave a memory. Dr. Lillian Yeager December 23, 1943 - May 23, 2006
31 Comments:
At May 30, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Lillian was always gracious, kind and thoughtful. She focused on the best in others and as a result generally received the best they could give. She had an easy smile that was sincere and made others feel welcomed and accepted. She was smart and respected the intelligence of others. I would not have wanted to miss the opportunity to know her, and I am sure see is in a better place. I will miss her very much.
At May 30, 2006,
Anonymous said…
When I moved to Louisville five years ago and started working at IUS, Lillian was the first person to open her home to me. She invitied me to a party at her home to meet her family and friends and since that time she has included me in many of her gatherings. She alwayas tried to attend events that I invited her to over the years. There was just a lot of room in her heart for me and I always felt that. I will miss her so much. I will miss seeing her on campus. The deans group on this campus worked so well together.We met for breakfast on numerous occasions to discuss and vent and to plan for the next gathering. She was always wise and thoughtful in her response to difficult situations but she was also very funny and made us laugh. We all respected her and appreciated her perspectives on different issues. I will miss seeing her at the Derby Gala and other parties we attended together.
At May 30, 2006,
Anonymous said…
One other thing. Thank you Michelle for this space.
At May 31, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Some of my Mother's last words to me were, "You are a good child". Michelle, you are a good child.
Katheryn D. Higgins
At May 31, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Dr. Lillian Yeager was by far the most amazing woman I have ever met in my life besides my own mother. I only knew her through Saint Matthew's Episcopal and her fabulous daughter, Michelle, but through that small part of her life, I learned so much from her. Dr. Yeager taught me elegance, grace, class, and strength. There are not enough adjectives in the dictionary to express how wonderful she was. She touched so many lives and showed so many young people what being an icon, as Bishop Gulick would say, was. I will always remember her smile and kind handshake. Dr. Yeager had the type of handshake that just made you feel good; the type where both hands encircled yours. It was a handshake that was warm, friendly and caring and, often times, followed by a hug. She is the type of woman all women should strive to be. I will throughly miss Dr. Lillian Yeager and will always have a special place in my heart for her.
Sunny Eicholtz
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Your mom was one of the very best. What a lovely person inside and out. Over the years I have deeply respected and loved her for all that she was to so many people. Her presence was a gift to all of us. Please include me as one who would do anything for you over these next months.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I knew Lillian through OAK. My mom, Joy Patterson is fighting this disease too. While I only knew her in passing, I know she was a beautiful and dignified lady. We will all mourn her passing.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Your mother was a fine woman, admired and liked by all. She loved you very much. Aid and I send our sympathy to you.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
My deepest sympathies to your family and you. Lillian was one of the most amazing, courageous and positive spirited women I've known. I'll miss her greatly as a friend and an OAK Board member. Her knowledge and passion for awareness education won't be forgotten. May she dance with angels now till we all meet again in heaven.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
"The world has lost a wonderful person, but Heaven has gained one great soul"
I cannot think of another person where the verse is more appropriate. I have certainly enjoyed knowing your mother all these years and having her as part of my life. On behalf of the entire Hill family, our thoughts are prayers are with you.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I just heard the sad news about your mother. My first instinct is to come running to you, but I know lots of people are ahead of me in that line of comforters. That does not stop my heart from remembering years ago when I was among the first in line to offer your family my love and care. I want you to know I still feel the same way. You are very special to me and I will be honored to help in any way I can. You mother was a very admired woman for many reasons. She was very special to me.... as are you.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I was saddened to hear of your mother's passing. This previous Wednesday I heard the Bishop and Maggie Miller speaking of her grace and courage. The Bishop remarked how well she had looked at St. Matthews. Lillian's grace and joy always was an inspiration to me at St. Matthews. I remember my mother's battle with cancer and how she inspired those around her. Your mother did the same thing for me.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
We both loved your mother very much. She and I served on the search committee (Rector) and I got to know her well, as did my husband. We spend a lot of wonderful hours together. Oh, how we'll miss your beautiful mother!
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
You've had time to prepare for her death, but I don't imagine that helps much. We've only known you mom since 1999 when we came to St. Matthews. She was an incredible woman. I shall especially miss her in the alto section. We send our love and care and celebrate the life your mom carved out for herself and you.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Your mother was so amazing, so very special and she touched many lives in a beautiful and positive way. I feel that you will carry on that legacy. You are a as special and she loved you sooo much and was so very proud of the woman you have become! We loved her and we will miss her so very much.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I spent several hours Tuesday trying to visit yoru mom, first at Suburban, then downtown only to find out she died at 10:30. I was so crushed the nurses aid offered to take me to my car. We shall truly miss her, but are consoled to know that we too will join her before too long.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
We were so lucky to have Lillian in our lives. My heart is heavy with grief but the deep love I have for your mmo will not allow the grief to last. You are God's gift to us and we will all help you get through this. I miss you dearly and love you more than you can know.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
We are sorry to hear the loss of Lillian. She was a wonderful person, nurse and educator. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I am so very sorry about your mother passing. Your mother was a remarkable woman and will be missed deeply. I feel very fortunate to have known her and blessed to have the opportunity to spend time with you in Ecuador.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Lillian was a wonderful lady and we are glad to have known her. Her funeral yesterday was quite large and beautiful. She was properly applauded with many attributes to her and her good works. It is very rare that the presiding Bishop sends such a letter of recognition. God bless you!
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
You exhibited the same grace, strength and warmth your mother modeled. Please continue to care for yourself and request assistance whenever you need. You are not alone. Thank you for inviting me to participate in the celebration of my friend's life.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I was so sorry to hear of your mom's death. I know you already know this, but she was a very special and remarkable woman who touched everyone she met. It will be hard to look at the choir and not see her beautiful face there. It will be very hard for you to not have her here, but she'll always be a big part of you. God bless you.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I have never met you although I did see you with your mother at the Celebration of Nursing Luncheon on April 28 - the last time I saw Lillian I gave her a hug and best wishes. I was not able to make it to the visitation or the service but I wanted you to know that your mother was one of the loveliest and classiest ladies I've ever met. I had the honor and pleasure of working with her over the last 8 years on university school issues, and learned so much from her. Please take comfort in knowing that Lillian was loved, well-respected and an inspiration to all of us.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I have been thinking about your so much lately. I know how hard it is to experience the loss of your mom. I have made it through many days by making it a priority to do the things that would make my mom proud. I know you had an incredible bond with your mom as well. How lucky we were to have such strong support sytems. Please know you and your mom are in my prayers always. I wish you comfort and the ability to hold onto the special memories.
At June 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Your mother was such a special lady; know that she will be missed by everyone who knew her. My prayers for you are that God will comfort and bless you.
At June 07, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Michelle, your mom was an awesome lady. The first time I met her was at the hospital when my own mom was diagnosed. She was so supportive and helpful to my mom and family.
I have fond memories of her from the OAK meetings...talking about her bellydancing. She was a hoot.
She will be missed very much. You are in my thoughts.
At June 08, 2006,
Anonymous said…
We are so extraordinarily fortunate to have known Lillian. Sundays at church, Wednesday choir practice, weekend events, the search committee trips and so many more memories fill our minds and hearts. We especially will remember this year's Thunder over Louisville at the Galt House with your mother. She lived with such dignity and grace. She inspired us all. God bless you and your family. Kathy and Mike Wright
At June 13, 2006,
Anonymous said…
We just learned of the passing of your mother, Lillian. We were deeply sadden to hear of your loss. Our hearts and prayers go out to you. We will keep you in prayer.
May the Lord continue to comfort you each day.
John and Thomasine Hicks
Tuskegee
At July 04, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I recent learned of your Mother's death. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time of sorry. Lillian, was truly a friend who was adored and admired by many, she will be truly missed.
W.W. Holley (HS Classmate)
Atlanta, Georgia
At July 18, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»
At July 20, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home